- music business news service
- Music business news blog
Record of the Day
- music news subscription service
- The music industry's traded magazine
- a digital music business information and strategy company
- AIM supported service for independent labels and business.
U Talk Marketing
- is an online community for the marketing industry. It aggregates the latest marketing news, case studies, advertising campaigns etc
- web version of their indie focused print magazine
- web version of their urban focused print magazine
- Online music magazine
- independent electronic online music magazines record companies and distributors in the UK.
Represents over thirty thousand musicians working in all sectors of the music business.
MMF (Music Managers Forum)
Represents the interests of Pop music artists managers. Subscription information, and services offered.
These are all magazine you should be reading or familiar with.
Music Week - http://www.musicweek.com/
NME - http://www.nme.com/
Mixmag - http://www.mixmag.net/
DJ - http://www.djmag.com/
Kerrang - http://www.kerrang.com/
RWD - http://www.rwdmag.com/
Clash - http://www.clashmusic.com
Word - http://www.wordmagazine.co.uk/
Wired - http://www.wired.com/
Mojo - http://www.mojo4music.com/
Q - http://www.q4music.com/
All the big papers have music supplements on the weekend.
Observer Music Monthly
Books to buy or borrow:
Author - Title
- Bill Drummond - 45
- Bill Drummond/Jimmy Cauty - The Manual: How To Have A Number One The Easy Way
- Ann Harrison - Music, The Business
- David Kusek/Gerd Leonhard - The Future of Music: Manifesto for the Digital Revolution
- Andrew Loog Oldham - Stoned
- Simon Napier-Bell - Black Vinyl, White Powder
- Bill Brewster/Frank Broughton - Last Night A DJ Saved My Life
- Tony Portelli - The Music Industry Raw: Clubs, House and Garage
- Sian Pattenden - How To Make It In The Music Business
- Music Managers Forum - The Music Management Bible
- Henri Charmasson - Dummies Guide to: Patents, Copyrights and Trademarks
- Ewan Pearson/Jeremy Gilbert - Discographies: Dance, Music, Culture and the Politics of Sound
- Rough Guide to Music (any from the series)
- Brian Eno - A Year Of Swollen Appendices: The Diary of Brian Eno
- Julian Cope - Head On
- Paul Morley - Joy Division: Piece By Piece
- John Peel/Sheila Ravenscroft - Margarve of the Marshes
- Lloyd Bradley - Bass Culture: When Reggae Was King
- Various edited by Barney Hoskyns - The Sound and the Fury: A Rock's Backpages Reader (Bloomsbury)
- Norman Kelley - Rhythm and Business: The political economy of Black Music
- Nelson George - Life and Def: The story of Russell Simmons
- Jeff Chang - Can't Stop, Won't Stop
- Erica Kennedy - Bling
- Chuck D - Fight The Power
- Craig Werner - A Change is Gonna Come
A new umbrella trade organisation representing the collective interests of the UK's commercial music industry
BPI (British Phonographic Industry)
Trade body that represents the British recorded music industry.
AIM (Association of Independent Music)
The Association of Independent Music is a non-profit-making trade organisation for independent
Other Useful Organisations
Specialise in creative artistic workshops for today's up-and-coming youth.
A Midlands based production company dedicated to using the performing arts and new media to educate, entertain and inform.
Help young people through training, skill building, business loans, grants, personal development and study support outside school.
Home of London's new urban music talent. Specialise in professional development, live events and education.
Specialise in events for young people.
Training for young people in industries such as music, film, fashion and IT.